Friday 29 June 2012

Closing the Case

You have to pack.

Not so much urgently; but you just know that it's time. It's time to pack-up.

The morning sun spills in through the grand windows and onto the freshly made bedspread. You take your red suitcase off the Hotel room floor and hoist it onto the bed. You realise mid-flight that it's unzipped; so the flap on the front of it bounces a little as you bring it down clumsily onto the mattress, knocking a few clothes out onto the duvet.

You try to pack up all of your things into it, gathering any extra items from strewn locations around the room. Once you pack the last of everything in, you can't seem to close it. 

You repack, taking the top layer of stuff out, this time a little more frantically, and place them back in again. 

Still won't close.

You unpack again, taking every last thing out and laying it on the bed - this time you notice two small picture frames holding pictures of you and Jake lying at the bottom of the case. You take them out.

When you re-pack everything fits perfectly, which is just as well, because it is definitely time for you to check-out.

You lift the suitcase; now significantly lighter, place it on the floor and wheel it out to the door.

You glance back momentarily at the room. Taking it in one last time - after being here so long, its hard to believe you aren't coming back. You feel a hum of nervous hopeful excitement

You take a deep breath and you leave, glancing at the at the silver chrome numbers on the door as you close it.

"21"

-------------------

SO most of the time when I have a dream this weird I look up what it means (circa my old blog when I had that dream about Ben). Some people mock this kind of thing, but I normally find it rings true for me especially when they are this vivid. Anyway here's what THIS dream apparently meant....

Hotel 
To see a hotel in your dream signifies a new state of mind or a shift in personal identity. You are undergoing some sort of transition and need to move away from your old habits and old way of thinking. You need to temporarily escape from your daily life.

Red 
Red is an indication of raw energy, force, vigor, intense passion, aggression, power, courage, impulsiveness and passion. The color red has deep emotional and spiritual connotations. Consider the phrase "seeing red" to denote anger. Alternatively, the color red in your dream indicates a lack of energy. You are feeling tired or lethargic.

Suitcase 
To see a suitcase in your dream indicates that you are a very composed, together person. You keep your attitudes and behavior in check.


Packing 
To dream that you are packing signifies big changes ahead for you. You are putting past issues to rest or past relationships behind you. Alternatively, it represents the burdens that you carry.
To dream that you are packing, unpacking and packing and unpacking again represents chaos in your life. You are feeling overwhelmed with the various things you are juggling in your life. You are carrying around too many burdens and need to let go. Consider what unfinished business you have to tend to. Try to resolve these issues so they can finally be put to rest.


Twenty-One 
The number twenty-one represents a turning point in your life and your full transition into adulthood. It is also associated with the responsibilities that you need to own up to.


Source- www.dreammoods.com


I don't know why but I feel like this is great news?!

The definitions certainly sum up how I felt when I woke up this morning! I feel like I'm just starting a new, more mature chapter.
I felt like the past few months I've been feeling a pressure to pull my life together, (much like packing in the hotel room). Before the break-up I was desperately trying to make my life work, with Jake in it. Even though he was taking up so much of my 'space' I persisted in rejumbling my life around him - which kept causing me more frustration.

It wasn't until I took him out that I feel like I finally have room for everything else and now my 'case' feels so much easier to carry around. On some level I think I've realised that not only was it what I wanted, but it is what I needed to continue to develop.

What's weird is that after this dream I feel so much more ...balanced? (cue the gong)

It's refreshing!

I also had a dream where I was in a coffee shop trying to give my number to the girl who worked there but when I'd finish writing; it would be unreadable.
Apparently this meant I need to catch up with my old friends to help me feel more grounded in my current situation... So I've decided that on Sunday I'm heading back to my hometown for some TLC from my mates! :)

Let's face it; my unconscious seems to be more clued in on what I need than I am?!


Sam

(I promise the next one will be less cryptic ;)

1 comment:

  1. I have to say once I realized it was a dream I was drawing many of the same conclusions the dream interpretation said could be drawn (just based on what I'd read in prior posts from you).

    I hope your time back home will be just what you need to recharge and move on from this.

    ReplyDelete